Friday 28 December 2012

JR Ward's Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood)

I read this book after a suggestion from a friend. I loved the story and found the characters to be very engaging, I wasn't overly charmed with the guy's names but there again, calling a Vampire Norman or Ralph wouldn't sound right either.

I liked the idea of the Omega and the Scribe Virgin, (I have my own theory about those two but I'm keeping it to myself). The fact that the vampires are the good guys, wear leather and like rap and hip/hop made me smile.

At first I thought Beth was going to be one of those leading ladies who needs to be rescued all the time and is very much a wuss but I'm glad she's not. She may start out needing to be protected but soon shows she's more than capable of rolling with the punches.

The only thing I didn't like was the way the story switched from one persons view point to another. I had to go back a couple of times to re-read a paragraph or two to get back on track, especially during the action scenes.

On to book two, hope its as good as the first one.

No comments:

Post a Comment