Tuesday 9 October 2012

Shannon K Butcher's Burning Alive

I read this book on a recommendation from a friend, I managed to read it not long after the recommendation as I was given it as a gift. I did quite like it, it's got a good story line and seems like a good premise for the kick-off to a series.

I liked the majority of the character's and thought it was really well written but to be honest..... I could have done without all the swooning. The female lead, can't call her the heroine because I didn't really see her as that, was a bit of a let down., that's just my personal view of her. The guys seemed a bit neanderthal-like in their thinking,, must protect and keep woman safe and for myself, and I get what was meant by this attitude but it was just rammed down my throat a bit too often.

Other than that, I liked it. I wasn't put off by it and I will read more of the series but I'm not going to run out and buy them.

Oh and in case anyone is reading these reviews and wondering what's going on?  I'm writing them as if I was telling a friend about them.  I find it's easier for me to write this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment