Wednesday 10 April 2013

Loving an Ugly Beast by Danielle Monsch

I found this to be a quick enjoyable read, I read it in one sitting whilst wasting time at the hospital. I found Nissa to be funny, loyal and very likable and Benton to be what any leading male should be. I thought it was funny that when his wish was done, he changed from being a huge, strong male to being smaller and almost feminine. The catch at the end with Nissa also having had a wish was an interesting turn. I liked that Benton wanted to protect her even from her past.

I think Danielle has written all the characters really well and even though it's set in the past, I like that the language was more modern. She also doesn't bog you down with a lot of unneeded details and she doesn't gush and go over-board when describing how everyone looks.

I found it to be a well-written re-write of the Beauty and the Beast fairy tale, I shall be on the look out for more of Danielle's books.

No comments:

Post a Comment